Hannover Re has a set application process for applications in Hannover/Germany. Here is an overview of the steps:
- You find a suitable job advertisement. To apply online, you need personal access (login). If you have already registered, simply log in and fill in the online application. If you are not yet registered, first set up your personal access. Then you can start the online application process.
- You register for the applicants’ portal. Here you will be requested to agree to the privacy statement and to give your consent to having your data stored. After your first registration, you have access to your personal applicants' portal.
- Your application via the job portal. Give detailed personal information, including education, work experience, qualifications and interests in the application form. Then upload your cover letter, your CV and relevant certificates and references.
You can save your application as a draft and complete it at a later date. Take a look at the page ‘overview’ to see if you have included all relevant information and then submit your application. We do not receive your application until you have clicked on ‘submit application’ on the overview page and filed it in the application status as a submitted application.
If you want to work in one of our international offices, you cannot apply via our applicants’ portal. The section Entry in offices worldwide tells you what to do should you want to apply abroad.
- You receive a confirmation email as soon as we have looked at your application.
- We review your application. We check that it includes everything and if you are suitable for the advertised position. If the answer to both of these questions is yes, we pass your application on to the Human Resources recruiter. If he/she also gives the green light, it gets passed on to the appropriate department. We get in touch with you if any documents are missing.
- If you wish to check the status of your application, you can do so in your personal applicants' portal.
- You may come into consideration for a different job. In this case we contact you and ask if this job would also be of interest to you. We only pass your application on to this department if you give your consent.
- You hear from us. Whether we invite you to an interview, tell you that the selection process is taking longer than expected or that your application was not successful – you will hear from us within four weeks of submitting your application. We value your application and we assess it thoroughly.
- You are invited to an interview. The first step has been taken. You and Hannover Re get to know each other in an interview that takes about two hours. This interview is with someone from the Human Resources department and the department you applied to. We reimburse any travel costs. There may be a further interview. If we think you are a suitable candidate, we invite you to an taster day which allows you and your future colleagues to see if you are compatible.
- You get the job. Congratulations! You are a suitable candidate and are offered the job.
- Your application is not successful. Unfortunately it didn’t work out. If, however, we think your education and qualifications are of interest to us and if you give your consent, we keep you in our pool of applicants. When new vacancies come up, we check if any of the candidates in our pool fulfil the job requirements. Thus you may be invited to an interview at some time in the future. Your application is deleted after being in the pool for six months.