You find numbers exciting, you are open and flexible? Then the Dual Study Programme Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Business Administration, majoring in insurance, could be just the thing for you.
Somewhat different: Economics with a bonus of practical experience
At the University of Applied Science (FHWD) in Hannover you study Business Administration, majoring in insurance. At the same time you gain comprehensive practical experience in reinsurance business at Hannover Re during the practical units.
- Before the beginning of your first term in October, you will complete a one-month internship with us. You will meet colleagues and fellow students, but also get to know the company and the basics of the reinsurance business.
- The study blocks at the FHDW last three months and alternate with the three-month practical units at Hannover Re. During the latter you will be introduced to around six different departments of our company.
- Six-week study stay in Scotland, including two weeks at a language school and four weeks at the University of the West of Scotland (UWS).
- After two years you will take part in an exam with the Chamber of Commerce (IHK) in Hannover for the so-called Kaufmann / Kauffrau für Versicherungen und Finanzen, 'Clerk for Insurances and Finances’ .
- At the end of the three-year programme and after having passed the exams you will receive the title ‘Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)’ in Business Administration, majoring in insurance.
We will finance the complete Dual Study Programme at the FHDW and bear the costs for the exam at the Chamber of Commerce. In addition, we refund 50 Euros per term for additional subject-related learning materials and pay for language courses. You will receive an apprentice's pay in accordance with tariff during your studies.
If you fulfil the following criteria, you can apply for the Dual Study Programme in Business Administration, majoring in insurance:
- You have or are in the process of completing good to very good (technical) A-levels.
- You have independent user skills (at least level B1) in German and English and you may speak another foreign language.
- You enjoy an international environment.
- You are enthusiastic about maths and are interested in economic issues.
- You can work in a team and independently.
- You feel equipped to take on the challenge of dual studies.
Currently, we award up to six graduates the possibility to join us for the Dual Study Program in Business Administration, majoring in insurance. From spring onward you will find the job ad for the programme, beginning in the following year, in our job portal. Send us your application until beginning of October - please exclusively online by using our applicants’ portal. Unfortunately we cannot accept applications arriving by e-mail after that. The selection process, including a placement test and an assessment center with HR representatives, usually starts in October.