If you've completed a computer science degree or if you've already been working for a few years in the IT sector after graduating and/or training, we can offer you a career entry opportunity with a promising future. Depending on your study concentrations and professional experience as well as your own personal interests, you will find exciting roles such as software developer, business coordinator, data scientist, system engineer or BI specialist.
Your tasks can potentially include analysing the requirements of specialist departments and developing solutions either in traditional projects or in agile Scrum and Kanban setups using state-of-the-art technologies. Or, given that the IT department at our Hannover Office is the global service provider for all IT needs of the Hannover Re Group, you can develop business-specific solutions, ensure worldwide platform operations and support our end users around the world.
In the Life & Health reinsurance business group we offer insurance companies worldwide protection for their life, health, annuity and accident portfolios. Property & Casualty reinsurance is centred around all types of risks in property and casualty business. Here, too, we are active on a global scale.
The underwriters are assigned the following tasks, among others, either with a regional focus or with a concentration on certain lines of insurance depending on the particular department:
- Analysing data and insurance markets including regulatory frameworks
- Initiation, needs analysis, pricing and finalisation of reinsurance treaties
- Creating mathematical simulation models and applying statistical methods (including stress tests and risk modelling)
- Conceptual design of customer-specific reinsurance solutions including transfer of product ideas from one market to another
- Supporting and advising customers
Global End User Services & Service Management
This is all about supporting the users of our IT solutions. That's why this department stays on top of requirements, developments and problems. It's also where new IT services are transferred to productive operations:
- Designing workflows for job handling
- Providing documentation, Web-based training activities and instructional films for the worldwide user community
- Developing deployment and automation routines
- Coordinating test management, change management and release procedures
Global Service Delivery and Platforms
This department is responsible for the provision, operation and management of the global IT infrastructures and platforms on which business solutions are made available:
- 1st-level support as part of the global IT Service Desk
Analysing and prioritising the requirements of specialist departments for central IT services and realising them
- Rolling out, operating and monitoring global application services as well as managing external service providers
- Participating in and leading IT projects, e.g. developing Web applications for fully automated business processes
IT Security and Compliance
This department is responsible for compliance with legal, internal and contractual requirements and relevant standards in the area of IT security and data protection:
- Performing risk analyses
- Developing practical recommendations for risk minimisation
- Assisting with various audits conducted both internally and externally
The Chief Information Office is an executive staff function that is accountable for matters such as IT controlling, enterprise architecture management and IT project portfolio management as well as for the ongoing refinement of the method set for agile teams.
- Creating the foundation for value-based decisions
- Ongoing development of IT in terms of agility
The special feature of our IT is its close interlinking with the business side. The keen understanding shown by our IT team members for the needs of the specialist units and the intensive sharing of knowledge foster good collaboration and promote the development of successful solutions.
Following structured on-boarding we encourage on-the-job development that enables you to grow professionally and personally. In addition, we can offer you a wide range of seminars, job shadowing opportunities, language courses and support for specialist certifications.
Your Qualifications – Commitment meets Know-how
- Degree in computer science or similar IT disciplines, ideally with concentrations in programming, BI or data science
- Initial IT experience through internships or jobs, ideally in the financial sector, or basic professional experience already gained in the IT sector
- Interest in economic correlations
- Programming skills
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and communication with customers and colleagues of various nationalities
- Independent user skills in German and English (at least level B2)
- Team spirit combined with the ability to make decisions
In our Job Portal you will find vacancies for your direct entry as a graduate. If you can see a suitable position please use the Applicants' Portal to submit your application.