1. Scope of application and basic principles
We attach considerable importance to the protection of your personal data. We would therefore like to inform you about when we save which data and how we use such data.
In this regard we would first draw your attention to a number of basic points:
- These data privacy rules apply to all websites operated by Hannover Rück SE. Insofar as personal data are recorded through these websites, we shall process and use such data solely for specific purposes and in accordance with the provisions of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). Personal data normally consist of specific information about your personal and material circumstances including, for example, your name, your address, your date of birth and your occupation as well as your state of health, your financial standing, your IP address etc. All these particulars are subject to special protection under the BDSG, which we ensure by means of technical and organisational safeguards.
- Your personal data are stored on specially protected computer systems.
- Processing and storage are carried out solely in accordance with the purpose for which you have provided us with such data.
- Internal data privacy and information security policies govern the processing and use of personal data and ensure an adequate level of data privacy within the Hannover Re Group. Binding corporate rules also guarantee the protection of your privacy rights even if data are processed outside the EU/EEA. Our employees are required to comply with the provisions of data privacy law and are bound to secrecy.
- Service providers who collect, process or use personal data on our behalf are carefully selected and bound by contract with particular regard to the requirements of data privacy.
- Compliance with data privacy rules is overseen by a company data protection officer.
- The websites of the Hannover Re Group may link to third-party websites to which these data privacy rules do not apply.
2. Collection and processing of your data
We collect your data in various ways:
Access data and server log files
In order to technically optimise the utilisation of our Internet offerings, we require information about which technical tools are used to access which of our webpages. We save these data temporarily in so-called server log files. These are forwarded to the service provider New Relic for the purposes of analysis and, as appropriate, troubleshooting. The data do not include any personal data.
Subscription to our e-mail notification service
If you are a subscriber to our e-mail Notification Service, you receive e-mail notifications of current press releases that you can access under www.hannover-rueck.de or www.hannover-re.com. We use the data provided by you for this purpose solely for sending our notification e-mails. You may choose to stop receiving these notifications at any time because each notification e-mail contains a link via which you can cancel the receipt of these e-mails.
Direct inquiries using contact forms or via e-mail
Inquiries that we receive via the contact or order form or which you send directly to a contact person at the Hannover Re Group are forwarded as necessary by us internally within the Group to the relevant responsible area.
In view of our global presence, the responsible area within the Group may be located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In this case too, however, your data are used solely to respond to your particular inquiry and in accordance with the relevant applicable statutory provisions. In this respect, our binding corporate rules safeguard the necessary level of data privacy also in connection with such data transfers.
Cookies are small files that we send through your Web browser to your computer's hard drive and which we can read during your current visit to our webpages and upon subsequent visits. Our cookies enable us to make the use of special functionalities available to you.
You can prevent cookies being saved by setting your browser software accordingly; we would, however, point out to you that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to the full extent.
You may, however, choose to systematically and completely prevent such logging of your visit to our website by Piwik. To make that choice, please click the following link.
You are currently opted in. Click here to opt out.
You are currently opted out. Click here to opt in.
Clicking the link will place an opt-out cookie on your computer that prevents logging of your data when visiting this website.
Please note: If you choose to delete all cookies on your computer through your browser, the opt-out cookie will also be deleted. In this case you will need to opt out again.
Finally, we make use of offerings from external service providers in connection with the HTML Annual Report and the Applicants' Portal. The tool etracker is additionally used for analytics purposes in the area of the HTML Annual Report. In the case of both offerings, further cookies are also placed on your computer when accessing the HTML Annual Report or upon registering with the Applicants' Portal. These areas are, however, subject to separate Data Privacy Statements of which you will be informed when making use of the respective offering.
5. Disclosure of your data
We disclose personal data to third parties only on the basis of strict German data privacy regulations. Insofar as data are passed on to service providers and/or affiliated companies in the context of commissioned data processing, these parties too are bound by the requirements of the Federal Data Protection Act and other statutory requirements and they act solely on our instructions.
6. Data security
We use technical and organisational safeguards to protect your data under our administration against random or deliberate manipulation, loss or destruction or against access by unauthorised parties. Our security measures are subject to continuous refinement.
All data that you transmit using the e-mail form on our website are encrypted to protect them against misuse by third parties. We currently use TLS (Transport Layer Security (formerly SSL, Secure Sockets Layer)) encryption as recommended by the Federal Office for Information Security (BSI). We cannot, however, guarantee the security of data transmitted to us over the Internet.
7. Your rights
Various rights may be available to you under the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) with regard to the protection of your rights. These include, in particular:
- Right to request information pursuant to Section 34 (1) BDSG
- Right to rectification of your data pursuant to Section 35 (1) BDSG
- Right to erasure of data pursuant to Section 35 (2) BDSG
- Right to blocking of data pursuant to Section 35 (3) BDSG
- Right of objection pursuant to Section 35 (5) BDSG
- Right of revocation pursuant to Section 13 (3) Telemedia Act (TMG) and Section 28 (3a) BDSG
8. Our data protection officer
If you have any questions concerning the content of this Data Privacy Statement or concerning the preservation of your rights (see No. 7), please feel free to contact our data protection officer at any time.
Please use our contact form for this purpose: Send a message
Responsibility for the websites and as defined by the BDSG rests with
Hannover Rück SE
Postfach 61 03 69
Tel. +49 511 5604-0
Fax +49 511 5604-1188
10. Reservation of right of modification
We reserve the right to modify these data privacy rules at any time within the limits set by applicable laws.