Index-based & Parametric Solutions
Index-based insurance products cover and settle losses based on objectively measured parameters rather than actual physical losses. Whether in agriculture, energy, retail, transportation or cyber, parametric solutions can be applied to many problems faced by industries and may be complimentary to traditional coverages or provide cover for risks previously uninsurable.
Our parametrics experts of varying backgrounds such as agriculture, finance, economics and data science, based in our Hannover office are not only prepared to underwrite all classes of proportional and non-proportional business subject to parametric underlyings but will also provide you with the advice, structuring support and technology needed to unlock the risk mitigating potential of such solutions.
Typical coverages include but are not limited to:
• Agriculture: Drought & excess rainfall coverages, heat stress, frost, vegetation, soil moisture
• Energy: Lack of wind, lack of solar radiation, lack of precipitation
• Property, Retail, Tourism: Earthquake & tropical cyclone
• Supply Chain: River height
• Emergency cash solutions & credit-default related coverages
If you believe that your clients would be better off by addressing their risk needs in a parametric manner, please reach out to us. We are looking forward to supporting you at all stages of your process.
In order to speed up our analysis and underwriting work we would ideally have access to the following information
• Client Industry
• Description of risk and risk period
• Loss history
• Desired triggers and payout sizes
• Supporting data and documentation
For detailed information, please get in contact with us: