- The specialty division has worldwide responsibility for these classes of business.
- As the number two in the world market, we are one of the leading reinsurers in this product segment.
- We represent a core line of business within the Hannover Re Group strategy.
- We write a gross premium of around EUR 600 million (underwriting year 2014) representing a market share of 12% to 15%.
- The book is well-balanced with premium shares of 52% in credit, 34% in surety and 14% in political risk.
- We focus on traditional credit, surety and political risk business; financial guarantees are excluded from our underwriting policy.
- All underwriting is centralised at our Hannover home office, with local offices around the world supporting us in our marketing activities.
- We offer obligatory and facultative capacity, while facultative support is offered as a service based on existing treaty relationships.