We are constantly refining our organisation in order to meet and indeed surpass our clients' expectations. Currently consisting of 12 local offices, our network spans the globe. Premium wise, a significant part of our business is written from Hannover. This enables us to build close relationships between the underwriters with regional responsibilities and the specialty lines, hence leading to a more client-oriented and unified marketing approach.
It is the aim of the Facultative division to offer our clients reinsurance solutions for all risks where coverage is needed. We especially welcome the opportunity to provide tailor-made solutions. Particularly where specialty risks are concerned, we truly believe that reinsurance should be perceived as a partnership of which the original insured, the ceding company and the reinsurer should benefit. We at Hannover Re's Facultative division are dedicated to providing our clients with a high standard of efficient services, particularly where underwriting expertise and experience are requested from our partners. For instance, we introduced centres of competence for dedicated lines of business and products in which we concentrate our underwriting experience to write lead business.
We are constantly striving to improve our services in our pursuit of Hannover Re's goal to become the preferred partner of our clients.
We strive to fully engage our underwriting capacities without neglecting risk and exposure considerations. Subject to our underwriting guidelines, we are prepared to commit the following capacities in order to satisfy your reinsurance needs and further our strategic objectives:
- Property: up to USD 100 million (capacity on estimated maximum loss basis)
- Casualty: up to EUR 25 million
- Engineering: up to USD 100 million (capacity on estimated maximum loss basis)
- Inherent defects insurance: EUR 35 million
- Energy: USD 100 million
- Personal accident: EUR 5 million per head; up to EUR 50 million per event
- Contingency: EUR 5 million as working capacity but up to 50 million for very large events
- There is a strong emphasis on risk assessment.