Our longstanding experience of reviewing applicants’ medical files and medical test results gives us a detailed awareness of the full range of issues involved as well as exceptional access to historical data on an in-force block. Our underwriting team is fully supported by doctors and research professionals who harness years of in-force data, medical knowledge and actuarial know-how to help our clients manage their risk successfully.
Established strengths in the area of medical underwriting are particularly valuable for those of our clients with limited knowledge or experience in medical underwriting.
Hannover Re’s clients benefit from
- a rapid turnaround on facultative cases
- direct access to our underwriters
- our extensive research into new and innovative approaches to medical underwriting
- our mortality expertise
- our advanced technology solutions capabilities in areas such as automated underwriting
- our underwriting manual hr | Ascent
We actively pursue new approaches in the simplified issue market place. Our extensive practical and theoretical knowledge helps us identify where less intrusive medical tests may enhance applicants’ experience without compromising risk selection and rating parameters.