We respect and take your privacy seriously and we recognise our responsibility to manage, use and process your personal data according to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
We may collect your personal data in the course of our business, when you provide us with your personal data, when you apply a job with us, or through various channels such as the any government agencies, database for insurance or reinsurance industry, our business partners or any independent third parties to whom you have granted consent.
We may use or disclose your personal data for the following purposes including but not limited to:
- Providing you with our services or any information you have requested;
- Underwriting, claims administration, risk assessment, payment of benefits and handling of reinsurances;
- Survey, statistical and analytical studies relating to insurance/reinsurance businesses;
- Improvement of our services;
- Detection of any offence and investigations related thereto;
- Other lawful purposes as may be appropriate or required by law, directive, and/or regulations of any governing bodies.
We may also disclose the personal data to the following third parties or service providers in or outside Malaysia including but not limited to:
- Individuals or organisations within our group of companies (parent/holding companies, subsidiaries of parent/holding companies, and affiliates);
- Independent agencies performing references and background checks;
- Claims investigation companies, loss surveyor or other necessary parties;
- Our consultants, fund managers, lawyers, accountants, or other professional advisers;
- Third party agencies providing survey, statistical and analytical studies/researches;
- Any lawful person or government authorities or law enforcement agencies.
By providing us with your personal data, you hereby consent to us disclosing your personal data to the parties and for the purposes above-mentioned and you also hereby consent to us retaining your personal data for as long as necessary.
We will take due care to ensure that reasonable and appropriate technical, security and confidentiality measures are taken to safeguard your personal data.
You may write to us to withdraw your consent for the use and/or processing of your personal data. However, failure to provide or supply us with your personal data may affect our ability to provide you with our services or to perform our obligations that we may have towards you.
This website may contain links to other third party websites which we have no control. In this event, please review and understand the respective privacy policies that may be available on their websites.
If you would like to request to access, correct and/or inquire on your personal data, please contact our IT Department at 03-2687 3600, email: HRMB_ITSUPPORT@hannover-re.com, we reserve our rights to charge for any necessary costs incidental to your request.